Justice Funders guides and supports philanthropic institutions in aligning practices with social justice values.
In addition to our programmatic offerings, Justice Funders provides customized consulting services for philanthropic institutions wanting to shift toward regenerative practices.
Our consulting services are targeted to organizations that are inspired to pursue significant change towards a Just Transition for philanthropy. We provide workshops and trainings based on Justice Funder’s frameworks; accompaniment services including coaching, advising, and mentoring; as well as process design and facilitation for organizational change efforts to embed social justice and racial justice values into all aspects of an organization’s work.
The defining features of Justice Funder’s consulting approach are:
- Aligning organizational values to philanthropic practice
- Applying a holistic systems lens such that personal, interpersonal, organizational and field-level change are interconnected and addressed
- Centering relationships through an iterative process of learning, accountability and action
- Understanding that conflict literacy is a ground condition for change management and values alignment
- Grounded in the vision of a new paradigm for philanthropic practice as articulated in the Resonance Framework
- Facilitative and participatory in nature, and based in adult learning theory
We prefer to engage in long-term relationships with clients to help them achieve substantive change. Thus our consulting practice is currently full with renewing and/or ongoing clients. We will be able to consider new clients in 2021. Due to COVID-19, currently, all of our consulting is delivered in an online format with an inquiry-based approach.