On July 23, 2015, the Bay Area Justice Funders Network (BAJFN), along with our partners, Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP) and Northern California Grantmakers co-hosted "Building Power in Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Communities.
Speakers for the program included:
- Dana Kawaoka-Chen, Bay Area Justice Funders Network
- Cathy Cha, Haas Jr. Fund
- Amado Uno, Asian Pacific Environmental Network
- Alex Tom, Chinese Progressive Association
- DJ Yoon, Korean Resource Center
- Lillian Galledo, Filipino Advocates for Justice
This program featured the public launch of AAPI's for Civic Empowerment, a new statewide initiative formed by Asian Pacific Environmental Network, Chinese Progressive Association, Korean Resource Center, and Filipino Advocates for Justice to build grassroots infrastructure for civic engagement, coordinate statewide field and member leadership development and education.
This is a link to a summary of this program captured via social media.