WEBINAR FUNDER BRIEFING
Please join us for a long overdue and absolutely necessary dialogue about the repression of conversations within philanthropy regarding the intersections of Zionism, anti-Black racism, the weaponization of anti-semitism, and anti-semitism.
We are interested in a forthright discussion about why these conversations–let alone funding for organizations tackling these issues–are so difficult for philanthropy. We are hoping to explore how racism, structural oppression, and the politics of foundations and individual donor networks may be contributing. This conversation is of ultimate importance.
We recognize this to not be an easy or comfortable issue. We know that a webinar will not be enough to shift the current relationships between movement practitioners and funders, or to shift practices within foundations, or the politics of decision-makers in the philanthropic world. What we also know for sure is that this conversation can be the beginning, a first step toward truth, justice, and reconciliation.
We invite you to join the conversation.
Moderator: Barbara Ransby
- Ash-Lee Woodard-Henderson, Highlander Center & Movement For Black Lives
- Lara Kiswani, Arab Resources and Organizing Center
- Maria Nakae, Justice Funders
- Peggy Saika, Former President of Asian American & Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy
- Rebeca Vilkomerson, Former Executive Director for Jewish Voices for Peace