On August 24, Bay Area Justice Funders Network was invited by AAPIP and CHANGE Philanthropy to share wisdom from "The Choir Book: A Framework for Social Justice Philanthropy", with participants from its Harmony Initiative, and members of their network.
To view the recording, click here.
What can we do to increase the amount of philanthropic resources going to Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities? What strategies could we employ within our organization, chapter and giving circles to:
- Make accessing our resources less restrictive;
- Center movement priorities in our grantmaking; and
- Increase participation in our giving circles?
Elaine Mui, Grants Manager of the General Service Foundation will share her foundation's work to minimize the burden placed on grantees through their grantmaking processes; Alexander Saingchin, Program Director of the Common Counsel Foundation who will share some effective strategies in aligning donors with the priorities of movements; and Sara Velten, Vice President at the Latino Community Foundation will share how the deepening of relationships allowed them to grow a giving circle to more than 500 members! This webinar will explore how to deepen philanthropic practices towards greater equity.
- Dana Kawaoka-Chen, Bay Area Justice Funders Network
- Elaine Mui, Grants & Operations Manager of the General Service Foundation
- Alexander Saingchin, Program Director of the Common Counsel Foundation
- Sara Velten, Vice President, Latino Community Foundation